SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
Here are some of the tips you can use to improve your SEO.
- Having a business blog is useless if you don’t regularly create and promote original and sharable content to help prove relevance and therefore rank in search engines.
- Enable share buttons on your blog so that readers can easily post your content to their social media pages and drive visitors back to your website.
- Optimize your Google+ Local page to help your business name, phone number, location, and even opening hours show up in Google Maps and Google’s local search results. Add your site to google maps.
- Include geo-specific keywords, such as your city (Harare), neighborhood, and zip codes, in your website, blog, and even social media copy to appear in search results for these terms.
- Getting backlinks from influencers and other industry-related websites that have already established credibility are great for building your own authority and driving more visits back to your site.
- Images can help sell your business, and they also rank in search engines. Don’t name your images “myphoto.jpg,” and instead name them more descriptively, add alt text, or captions on your website to help images show up in search results.